“Nice cream”– it’s a thing. I like being nice. I like cream. I’m on board… but what really is nice cream? Urban dictionary defines nice cream as “awesome, homemade ice cream or gelato, usually containing bananas” or as “something that is good or excellent”. Either way, count me in!
Nice cream also usually refers to ice cream that is fruit based without dairy, eggs or sugar. So whether you’re watching your waistline or perhaps have a food allergy, this Cantaloupe Banana Nice Cream is one for the record books.
I have yet to see frozen cantaloupe at the grocery store, but buying a fresh ripe one and freezing chunks or slices is easy as pie. If you’re like me, hopefully you have frozen bananas [always] on standby in the freezer. Whether it’s a smoothie, or a single ingredient banana nice cream, frozen bananas are a freezer staple.
Cantaloupe and bananas have so much natural sweetness that you’re in for a real sweet treat with this combo!
KISS Tip: Don’t give up while blending or processing this nice cream (or any other nice cream recipe). My Vitamix did a pretty great job, but I still had to use the tamper a little bit. If using a regular blender or food processor, you may want to stop the blending every 30-45 seconds and stir the ingredients with a rubber spatula.
KISS Cantaloupe Banana Nice Cream
- Vitamix, food processor, or high-speed blender
- 3 frozen bananas
- 3 large slices, or about 1 1/2 cups frozen cantaloupe (rind and seeds removed, of course)
- Place all ingredients in Vitamix, food processor or high-speed blender.
- Blend until banana and cantaloupe have become smooth and the consistency of nice cream. This took me about 2-3 minutes using my Vitamix; it may take a little while, but it really will turn into amazing nice cream!
- Divide into 2 portions (or don’t) and enjoy!
Pin for later: