KISS Tip #1: Switch up your greens- try kale, baby spinach, arugula or field greens!
Recipe courtesy of the Texas Beef Council
Time: 20-25 minutes
1 beef Top Sirloin Steak Boneless, cut 3/4 inch thick (about 1 pound)
1 tablespoon garlic & herb or onion & herb no-salt seasoning
1 medium red onion, cut into 1/2-inch thick slices
6 cups fresh baby spinach
1 medium tomato, cut into wedges
2 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and sliced
2 tablespoons honey mustard
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon water
2 teaspoons garlic & herb or onion & herb no-salt seasoning
2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- Combine dressing ingredients in small bowl. Reserve 1/4 cup dressing for salad. Brush remaining dressing on onion slices.
- Press 1 tablespoon seasoning blend evenly onto beef steak. Place steak in center of grid over medium, ash-covered coals; arrange onion slices around steak. Grill steak, covered, 7 to 11 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, covered, 8 to 13 minutes) for medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning occasionally. OR
- (If it’s too hot outside) Prepare on stovetop by heating either a large nonstick skillet or grill-pan over medium heat until hot. Place steak in skillet/grill-pan; cook 7 to 10 minutes for medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning occasionally.
- Grill onion 10 to 12 minutes (gas grill times remain the same) or until tender, turning occasionally (can sauté onion on skillet/grill-pan if cooking indoors).
- Carve beef into slices (always slice against the grain!). Divide spinach evenly among four plates. Top with steak slices, tomatoes, onions and eggs. Drizzle evenly with reserved 1/4 cup dressing.